US TECH ELIGIBLE GMCD(Job Id 3996)
Job ID: 3996
Date posted: 02/06/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: PRN
Department: ULTRASOUND GMCD
Shift/Hours: WEEKENDS AND WEEKENDS
: PRN Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL DULUTH Other information:
Department: ULTRASOUND GMCD Shift/Hours
: WEEKENDS AND WEEKENDS
A Registry Eligible Sonographer from an Accredited Ultrasound
Program and is qualified through academic and clinical experience to provide diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. The scope of practice of this includes those procedures, acts and processes permitted by law, for which the individual has received education and clinical experience, has demonstrated competency, and will complete the appropriate ARDMS certification (s) within a 12 month period of time (from date of hire) or within 24 months of completion from an Accredited Ultrasound
Program, whichever is sooner.
Coordinates and performs a wide variety high quality level exams including but not limited to level 1 Ob/Gyn, neonatal exams, breast imaging, trauma exams, vascular, and general ultrasound. Ability to work independently without direct supervision of a physician. Assists the radiologists and medical staff with ultrasound guided procedures. Participates in the training of new personnel and in performance improvement programs. Communicates effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patients needs. Observes patients and notifies appropriate personnel of significant changes/incidences.
- Enrolled in a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiovascular Technology Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required.
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each exam performed and to evaluate, synthesize and communicate diagnostic information to the radiologist and or attending physician.
- Working knowledge of image processing, reconstruction and PACS.
- Experience with biopsies, aspirations, and drainage procedures.
- Current BLS CPR certification.
- Knowledge and use of proper methods of medical documentation.
- Knowledge and use of standard procedures in the Ultrasound department.
* ASSOCIATE DEGREE
* BASIC LIFE SUPPORT