PLANNING PROJECT MANAGER(Job Id 4135)
Job ID: 4135
Date posted: 02/16/2018
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: PLANNING DEVELOPMENT
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 8a-5p
: FULL TIME Facility: MEDICAL OFFICE BLG 100 Other information:
Department: PLANNING DEVELOPMENT Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 8a-5p
The need to redesign healthcare around the rapidly changing landscape is more important then ever before. This exciting opportunity provides project management leadership in the areas of corporate planning and business development. This includes coordinating and overseeing the development of the health system strategic plan, product line planning, writing and implementing business plans, regulatory reporting, certificate of need activities, business intelligence, market research and competitive analyses.
Gwinnett Health System is a leading community healthcare organization that includes two acute care hospitals, a skilled nursing facility, and an acute rehabilitation hospital. The organization serves what will soon become the largest County in the state of Georgia with a population base in excess of one million. The community offers a wonderful quality of life with a low cost of living, several area parks and one of the best public school systems in the United States. Gwinnett County, Georgia is located just 30 miles north of Atlanta.
Bachelor's degree in Health Administration or Public Health required with consideration given to similar educational degree. Master's degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Business Administration preferred. Experience in healthcare strategy, planning, marketing, business development or healthcare finance preferred. Position needs include:
• Minimum of three (3) years healthcare strategy, planning, marketing, business development or healthcare finance preferred
• Strong expertise in strategic and business analytics to drive planning and decision making.
• Strong project manager that can prepare project schedules, facilitate project teams and complete projects on schedule.
• Understanding and working knowledge of the healthcare industry and how the industry is changing.
• Excellent computer and technology skills that include the use of state inpatient and outpatient databases, claims data, financial data, Excel and Access.
• Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to prepare business and strategic plans, and business case studies.
• Strong analytical ability to identify and gather data from disparate sources, interpret financial and clinical data and to prepare clear, concise management reports.
• Ability to demonstrate strong organization skills and analytic expertise in providing market research, project planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Ability to work independently to advance planning projects while providing routine updates to superiors.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills that include presenting proposed strategic initiatives for consideration and approval.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to evolving job roles and diversity of projects.
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, physicians, and with others outside the Gwinnett Health organization.
About Gwinnett Health System
Gwinnett Health System (GHS) is the parent company of Gwinnett Medical Center, Gwinnett Medical Group and Sequent Health Physician Partners. GHS employs 5,000 associates and has 800 affiliated physicians serving more than 600,000 patients annually. Gwinnett Medical Center (GMC) is a nationally-recognized, not-for-profit healthcare network with acute-care hospitals in Lawrenceville and Duluth. Additional facilities include: the Gwinnett Women's Pavilion, the Gwinnett Extended Care Center, Glancy Rehabilitation Center, outpatient health centers and surgical centers, imaging centers and outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy facilities. To learn more about how GMC is transforming healthcare, visit gwinnettmedicalcenter.org.