ULTRASOUND TECH(Job Id 4166)
Job ID: 4166
Date posted: 02/21/2018
Work Type: PART TIME
Department: ULTRASOUND GMC
Shift/Hours: SAT/SUN 11P-7A
: PART TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: ULTRASOUND GMC Shift/Hours: SAT/SUN 11P-7A Position Summary:
Coordinate the daily operations of the US Department. Provide leadership through technical expertise and effective communication. Responsibilities include: staff scheduling, equipment maintenance and service calls, and assurance of staff clinical competency. Promote exceptional customer service. Work closely with supervisor/manager on budget preparations for department. Involved in long and short term growth of department and technical staff. Participates in employee training, evaluations and development. Ability to work independently without direct supervision of a physician. Assists the radiologists and medical staff with ultrasound guided procedures. Participates in Performance Improvement programs. Has the ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patients needs. Observes patients and notifies appropriate personnel of significant changes/incidences. Minimum Qualifications:
- Current certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in Ultrasound.
- Minimum of two (2) years Ultrasound experience required, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each exam performed and to evaluate, synthesize and communicate diagnostic information to the radiologist and or attending physician.
- Working knowledge of image processing, image reconstruction, and PACS.
- Knowledge and use of proper methods of medical documentation.
- Good vision, hearing, and manual dexterity. Ability to transfer patients safely from wheelchair/stretchers to the procedure table.
- BLS CPR certification.