GMG CBO PAYMENT POSTERACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE(Job Id 4315)
Job ID: 4315
Date posted: 03/15/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: CBO GPG GMSI
Shift/Hours: 8:30AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
: FULL TIME Facility: RESOURCE CENTER Other information:
Department: CBO GPG GMSI Shift/Hours
: 8:30AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
Responsible to download all payments receive through the bank in a EFT format, lockboxes and patient payments.
Post incoming patient payments and insurance payments according to contract accurately and productively. Responsible to balance the daily posting report in their EPM system and report to the Lead Coordinator is any inaccuracy is noted. In charge to manage the daily correspondence received in the CBO and log it accordingly. Payments are to be submitted to the bank for scanning purposes. Responsible to download all payments received from the bank to the internal CBO drive. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Accurately post payments and adjustments according to current standards of contracts set
• Apply insurance payments according to specific dates and procedures according to the EOB
• Apply patient payments by determined method of payment
• Printing, pulling and filing of Explanation of Benefits
• Balancing posting and filling out daily worksheets
• Working closely with Payment Supervisor on reversals of payments, adjustments and refunds
• Set biweekly meetings with Payment Posting Supervisor to review performance.
• Daily posting report to Payment Posting Supervisor
• Research and analyze reimbursement
• Work special projects set by supervisor
• Work with management to research reimbursement and billing issues
• Work closely with management to develop new techniques, policies and procedures
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Must have at least 1-3 years of posting payment experience.
Knowledge of denial codes.
Knowledge of payment posting transactions.
Knowledge of Lockboxes process.
Knowledge of account receivables.
Knowledge of payers and payment guidelines.
Knowledge of reconciliation reporting.
Must have experience using keyboards with a high degree of accuracy (25 wpm minimum).
Must demonstrate proficiency with PC skills
Must have a sense of responsibility, professionalism, empathy, and a commitment to customer service.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively.
Must have an aptitude for numeric and alpha filing and reading and sequencing numbers.