MEDICAL STAFF EDUCATION AND IT INTERGATION SPECIALIST(Job Id 4737)
Job ID: 4737
Date posted: 05/24/2018
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: PHYSICIAN SVCS
Shift/Hours: Days and Hours Vary, Weekdays and Weekends
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: PHYSICIAN SVCS Shift/Hours
: Days and Hours Vary, Weekdays and Weekends
This exciting position provides ongoing training, support, facilitation and coordination of initial and ongoing educational programs, projects and initiatives for physicians related to Hospital System initiative, programs and projects that include (but not limited to) information technology, hospital and medical staff policies, quality, patient safety and other physician alignment opportunities. Participates in new physician orientation and ongoing training and education in alignment with system-wide operational programs to improve overall effectiveness. Assists in the coordination and implementation of education for credentialed providers related to hospital policies and initiatives, including those within the clinical quality initiatives. Works collaboratively with Nursing Informatics and the IT Department for system analysis and implementation of systems that impact credentialed staff at GMC. Assists in serving as a liaison between medical staff, community physicians, hospital departments and GMC information technology staff as needed. Assists in the education and support of credentialed medical staff and area providers in industry-wide and community initiatives that include (but not limited to) Relay Health HIE, ICD10 Rollout, HPI Patient Safety, Physician Portal, CPOE, Xtend paging, See My Radiology, Cactus, and physician mobile applications and any future physician tools. . Promotes maximum utilization of clinical systems within the Medical Staff. Serves as primary contact for physician end user issues including on call support for complete coverage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience required
- Strong background and knowledge of patient care setting and clinical practice; office practice experience helpful.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in hospital or office setting, preferably a multi-entity health care system.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in healthcare related Information Systems or equivalent job related or educational experience required.
- Experience in education/training or human resources development.
- Proficiency in computer skills; working knowledge of applications, networks/infrastructure and IS System integration and impact on end user.
- Experience with clinical application system project implementation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal). Must be able to interact with physicians, physician liaisons, physician executives and physician leadership.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze and problem solve system and end user issues through to resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of operating policies and procedures and how its activities interrelate with other hospital departments.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor, coach and facilitate change and innovation