Fixed Assets Analyst(Job Id 4750)
Job ID: 4750
Date posted: 05/25/2018
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: CORPORATE FINANCE CS
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p
: FULL TIME Facility: RESOURCE CENTER Other information:
Department: CORPORATE FINANCE CS Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p
The Fixed Assets Analyst ensures the accurate and timely processing of fixed asset transactions, maintenance, reconciliations and related reporting in accordance with GAAP and Company policies.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Accounting, Finance, or Decision Support.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Financial concepts is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interpret financial data to levels of the organization
- Experience with information systems (PC's & Mainframes) and Database Structures/Management.
- Strong Analytical Skills. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Management and oversight of the fixed asset subsidiary system for all facilities within Gwinnett Health System, Inc.
2. Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all fixed asset transactions in Fixed Assets sub-ledger including additions, retirements, reclassifications, and transfers.
3. Review capital requests for proper approvals and accounting classification (capital or expense) per company policies.
4. Create projects and sub-projects in HEFM Projects based on approved funding categories, enters approved budgeted amounts and enters authorized funds for each project and sub-project.
5. Prepare monthly fixed asset account reconciliations between the Fixed Assets sub-ledger and the General Ledger and roll-forwards of fixed asset activity.
6. Assist with the month-end closing of the Fixed Assets sub-ledger and prepare monthly fixed asset journal entries.
7. Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end schedules for External Audit, and Financial Reporting related to fixed assets.
8. Special projects as assigned.