CLINICAL MANAGER, PATIENT FLOW AND NURSING SUPPORT SERVICES (FT, 8A-5P)(Job Id 4883)
Job ID: 4883
Date posted: 06/18/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: NURSING ADMIN GMCL
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: NURSING ADMIN GMCL Shift/Hours
: 8a-5p Position Summary:
The Clinical Manager for Patient Flow and Nursing Support Services has 24 hr accountability for activities and processes related to management and evaluation of:
- All Patient Flow activity including Bed Coordinators who facilitate "Patient Flow" by appropriate placement of all admissions (elective or emergent) and transfers. Also to identify and remove barriers and bottlenecks impacting patient flow, ensuring effective and efficient patient placement into the most appropriate bed available within established time frames.
- Nursing Support Services including Patient Services Coordinators (house supervisors) Staffing Office and Med Surg/Critical Care Float Pools.
The role encompasses multiple responsibilities including management of human and fiscal resources; provision of effective, high quality patient care; compliance with clinical standards, guidelines and regulatory requirements. Minimum Qualifications:
- Currently licensed as a RN in the state of Georgia
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five years experience in acute care
- Minimum of five years management experience in a healthcare facility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and negotiate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of customers
- Decisive and able to work under pressure.