LEAD MED TECH POINT OF CARE(Job Id 4964)
Job ID: 4964
Date posted: 07/04/2018
Work Type: FULL TIME
Shift/Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00a-4:30p with Weekend Call
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: LABORATORY Shift/Hours
: Mon-Fri 8:00a-4:30p with Weekend Call
Summary: Position Summary:
- Lead Medical Technologist (MT)
Under the general supervision of the department supervisor, oversees and maintains testing performed in the assigned department of the Laboratory (Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Bank or Night Shift). This includes but is not limited to the review of quality control with corrective action, procedure development/review, instrumentation assessment/maintenance, and research of test methodologies. Assist with communication of test results and questions from patients, physicians, and employees. Also, in conjunction with the department Supervisor responsible for Laboratory PI and proficiency programs.
- Lead Medical Technologist (MT) - Point of Care
- will work - Under the general supervision of the Point of Care Coordinator, oversees and maintains Point of Care Testing performed throughout the hospital system Qualifications:
- Must meet the Georiga State Laws of Licensure of Clinical Laboratories, Chapter 290-5-29-.06 (4)(b) 1-5, (MT Registry) 8. Can qualify under 290-5-29-.06 (4)(b) 7 but only for one year.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or other health or life science.
- 2 years as a Medical Technologist
- 1-2 years of Point of Care in hospital setting preferred
- Certification by a national agency is required.
- ASCP or equivalent certification preferred.