ROOM CONTROL SPECIALIST PT ACCESS(Job Id 5148)
Job ID: 5148
Date posted: 08/03/2018
Work Type: PART TIME
Department: REV CYCLE RPTING AND ANALYTICS
: PART TIME Facility: RESOURCE CENTER Other information:
Department: REV CYCLE RPTING AND ANALYTICS Shift/Hours
The Room Control Specialist completes admissions, transfers and discharges patients to and from rooms via the computer system. The role receives calls from Physicians with admission criteria as well as other clinical staff and requires the exercise of courtesy and patience. May complete registration while obtaining consents, verify insurance, work reports, explain hospital policies and request payments. Completes transfers, takes calls, monitors tracking system, and works closely with clinical team to ensure a fluid census.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Must have 2 years' experience working in a Financial Counselor or Patient Access Specialist role.
- Must have experience using keyboards with a high degree of accuracy.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Korean preferred.
- Must have a sense of responsibility, professionalism, empathy, and a commitment to customer service.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work calmly and rationally in stressful situation.
- Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) preferred.
- Must be proficient in navigating Windows based systems.
* BACHELOR DEGREE