TRANSCRIPT COVENANT FAM MED(Job Id 5324)
Job ID: 5324
Date posted: 08/31/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: COVENANT FAMILY MEDICINE GMGI
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
: FULL TIME Facility: HAMILTON MILL Other information:
Department: COVENANT FAMILY MEDICINE GMGI Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
Gwinnett Medical Center is setting a new standard of excellence in Healthcare. Come and join our team and be proud to serve the Northeast Atlanta Community. The Transcriptionist performs with or without supervision the typing and checking of all parts of the Patient's chart as dictated by the Physician, to include CPT and diagnosis codes directed by the physician while in the patient's room. Interacts extensively with the physician, medical records, management staff, physician office staff and patient, both in person and via telephone. Participates in training of personnel performance improvement efforts. Electronically sends prescriptions to in house dispensary and to outside pharmacies.
High School Diploma
- Knowledge of medical terminlogy, anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, surgery, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, and the various medical specialites as demonstrated by 90% or greater accuracy by test given in Medical Records Department.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Two years experience as medical transcriptionist in an acute care, general hospital setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including English language, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
- Ability to use desinated reference materials.
- Ability to operate designated word processing dictation, transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
- Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) preferred, but not required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required