ACCREDITATION PT SAFETY COORD(Job Id 5331)
Job ID: 5331
Date posted: 08/31/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: JCAHO PATIENT SAFETY
Shift/Hours: 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: JCAHO PATIENT SAFETY Shift/Hours
: 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday
This position, in collaboration with the Director, Quality Resources, other executive leaders, directors and managers of the organization, directs and facilitates an organization-wide program to maintain continuous readiness for accreditation and regulatory surveys. As the organization's designated Patient Safety Officer, this individual also initiates, integrates, and oversees a comprehensive patient safety program throughout the Gwinnett Hospital System. The Accreditation/Patient Safety Coordinator serves as an expert resource on accreditation, regulatory compliance and patient safety practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or other clinical field, required.
- Master's Degree, preferred.
- At least three (3) years experience in a clinical position in a Joint Commission accredited hospital or other similar healthcare organization.
- At least three (3) years experience in performance improvement, patient safety, process management, risk management or accreditation/regulatory/certification coordination, required.
- Proficient in program development, management, techniques and methods.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication, problem solving and team facilitation skills, required.
- Evidence of interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to develop recommendations and provide consultation to solve problems related patient safety and organizational compliance; ability to exercise judgment in interpreting and applying standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with a varied of disciplines and levels of staff across departments and the Hospital System.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).