CODER GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION(Job Id 5326)
Job ID: 5326
Date posted: 09/01/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: MEDICAL EDUCATION CS
Shift/Hours: 40 Hours per week
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: MEDICAL EDUCATION CS Shift/Hours
: 40 Hours per week
The Pro-Fee Coder is responsible for coding professional services, surgical procedures and specialty testing for a wide range of specialties accurately and consistently utilizing CPT-4 and ICD-10-CM Guidelines.
In addition, the PFC will provide coding support and education to providers and staff. The PFC will code provider professional services consistent with current coding and diagnosis guidelines and applicable payer requirements in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three plus years' experience in ICD-10 CM, CPT-4 coding.
- CPC or equivalent certification.
- Ability to accurately and completely code a physician professional services, surgical procedures, and specialty testing.
- Ability to accurately and completely code a teaching physician professional services, surgical procedures, and specialty testing.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, disease process, and pharmacology.
- Ability to clearly and professionally communicate verbally and in writing with management, staff, physicians, and other providers.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point. P referred Qualifications:
- Gradute Medical Education (GME) Medical Group revenue cycle experience.