RN TAVR COORDINATOR(Job Id 5702)
Job ID: 5702
Date posted: 11/07/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: PRN
Department: EP LAB GMC
: PRN Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: EP LAB GMC Shift/Hours
Performs direct patient care within the scope of the nurse practice act, as it applies to the outcomes and process defined for the Valve Clinic. Plans, coordinates and implements the care of the valve patient in the outpatient setting. Scope of the role includes acting as a liaison with physicians, patient/families and ancillary departments. Assessment of financial, medical and social resources of current and potential valve program patients in conjunction with the TAVR team. Coordination of information flow among the medical, nursing, financial and TAVR staff as appropriate. Development and implement a teaching plan with the patient and family. To include lab values, medication overview and diagnosis related information. Assist the TAVR team in the coordination of patient charts, diagnostic studies and other applicable information per protocol.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; advanced degree (BSN/MSN) preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Georgia.
- Current certification in BLS and ACLS.
- At least 3 years of cardiology or critical care experience.
- Possesses the ability to comprehend and interpret complex clinical subject matter related to the specialty and calculate in apothecary and metric systems for drug administration.
- Must possess the ability to document appropriate clinical information.
- Has the ability to interpret rules/regulations/accrediting and licensing standards sufficiently for implementation. Maintains concentration and organization while dealing with multiple issues.
- Possesses the ability to analyze data and formulate an appropriate plan of action.
- Possesses the ability to respond to patient/family needs by interpreting verbal and non-verbal expressions.
* ASSOCIATE DEGREE
* REG RN-GA STATE
* ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT