REGISTRAR ONC DATA CTR GMC(Job Id 5889)
Job ID: 5889
Date posted: 12/18/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: ONCOLOGY DATA CENTER GMC
Shift/Hours: 4 10 hour days 7:00AM-5:00PM
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: ONCOLOGY DATA CENTER GMC Shift/Hours
: 4 10 hour days 7:00AM-5:00PM
This position maintains the efficient operations of an oncology registry to indentify eligible patients to be entered in the data base. Follows patients with a diagnosis of malignancy to retrieve and analyze registry data to disseminate data elements in accordance with professional ethics and maintain accreditation with the American College of Surgeons.
Required: CTR certification
- Required: Minimum of 2 year degree, prefer: RHIA, RHIT, or RN or BS in Science related field. In leiu of a 2 year degree equivalent combination of previous work experience and education will be considered.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience working in a hospital based oncology registry/cancer program, preferred.
- Must have competence in the use of Oncology Software, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Must have an excellent background in Medical Terminology. Knowledge of tumor nomenclature and classification systems; knowledge of coding topography and morphology of registered oncology cases.
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable in working with physicians and other professional and other professional disciplines.