RN DIABETES EDUCATOR(Job Id 5908)
Job ID: 5908
Date posted: 12/20/2018
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: DIABETES AND NUTRITION ED CTR
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p with occasional evenings or Saturdays
: FULL TIME Facility: DULUTH OUTPATIENT CENTER Other information:
Department: DIABETES AND NUTRITION ED CTR Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p with occasional evenings or Saturdays
The Diabetes Educator provides outpatient and inpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education to individuals and/or patient groups as part of a multidisciplinary diabetes education team. The Diabetes Educat or adapts education t o meet patient needs based on patient knowledge, skills, cultural preferences, health beliefs and preferred learning style. This person will w ork in collaboration with other health care providers for optimal diabetes care. The Diabetes Educator serves as a diabetes management resource for our internal and external communities.
- Currently licensed as RN in the State of Georgia
- Current BLS from American Heart Association for Health Care Providers
- Minimum 2 (two) years as a Registered Nurse . Inpatient clinical experience preferred. Experience in treatment and education principles of patients with diabetes preferred.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current NCDBE Certified Diabetes Educator preferred. If not currently certified, applicant must be within 2 (two) years.
- Professional Communication skills. Independent and self-directed. Excellent organizational and communications skills a must.
- Computer experience with EMR, Word, Excel and Power Point .