RN PRACTITIONER GCS LVILLE(Job Id 6152)
Job ID: 6152
Date posted: 02/02/2019
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: PRN
Department: GWINNETT CARDIOLOGY SVC ML GMG
Shift/Hours: 6:00PM-6:00AM As Needed
: PRN Facility: GWIN CARD SVCS LAWRENCEVILLE Other information:
Department: GWINNETT CARDIOLOGY SVC ML GMG Shift/Hours
: 6:00PM-6:00AM As Needed
The Nurse Practitioner is a professional nurse functioning in an advanced practice provider. The Nurse Practitioner will contribute to patient care management by functioning collaboratively with the physicians by providing direct patient care to adults.
The main purpose of the role is to provide health care services to adult hospitalized patients. Obtaining medical histories, performing physical exams, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, and ordering treatment for acute and chronic cardiology problems are among the services provided by the Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner from a NLN accredited program.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
- Certified in the State of Georgia as a Family, Adult or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, or other approved specialty designation by a national certification board recognized by Gwinnett Hospital System.
- Certified by the American Heart Association in BLS. ACLS certification by the American Heart Association preferred. Preferred Qualifications
- Three to five years of hospital experience as a RN preferably in cardiology.
- One or more years of hospital experience as an NP preferably in cardiology or outpatient cardiology office experience.
- Previous experience supervising stress tests.