RN ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY LAB(Job Id 6383)
Job ID: 6383
Date posted: 03/20/2019
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: EP LAB GMC
Shift/Hours: 630 A -5P
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: EP LAB GMC Shift/Hours
: 630 A -5P
The Electrophysiology/Cath Lab nurse must possess the ability to assist the EP Physician during procedures in the EP lab. These EP Lab procedures include arrhythmia ablations and device implants, such as, automatic implantable defibrillators and pacemakers. Provide quality patient care to patients undergoing invasive procedures. The EP/Cath lab nurse will also assist during procedures in the cath lab, such as, left heart catherizations, right heart catherizations, coronary interventions such as, atherectomy, angioplasty, stent placement, and other procedures performed with in the cath lab, such as, carotid , renal, and peripheral angiogram and interventions. To provide optimum nursing care to the patients in the CCL utilizing the nursing process. The nurse will assess, identify needs, plan, implement appropriate intervention, documentation and evaluate outcome and deliver this care on an individualized basis. The nursing associate will deliver care based on sound professional judgement along with the direction of guidelines set in hospital and departmental policies. They will provide pre and post procedural patient and family education. Will provide care for adult patients ages 18 to 65 as well as geriatric patients over the age of 65.
(Add adolescent patients 12 to 18, adult 18 to 65 and geriatric patients over the age of 65.
- Minimum of two years of invasive cardiac procedures within the last three years.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Currently licensed as a RN in the state of Georgia.
- Current CPR certification.
- ACLS certification preferred at time of hire, or attained within three (3) months of hire.
- Prefer four (3) years of recent critical care nursing experience, CCRN/CEN certification and/or imaging nursing experience.
- Familiar with nursing theory of practice and hospital organizational functions, including inter- and intra- departmental relationships.
- Proficiency in sedation administration.
* ASSOCIATE DEGREE
* REG RN-GA STATE
* ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT