US TECH RDMS GMC(Job Id 6416)
Job ID: 6416
Date posted: 03/27/2019
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: PRN
Department: ULTRASOUND GMC
Shift/Hours: WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS; AS NEEDED
: PRN Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: ULTRASOUND GMC Shift/Hours
: WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS; AS NEEDED
If you are an Ultrasound Technologist who desires an opportunity to enhance individual skills while providing quality patient care. This is the place for you! While working under the general supervision of the Imaging Manager and Ultrasound Supervisor the Sonographer assist Radiologist and other medical staff with patient procedures. Our team of Sonographers use GE Logic9 and Siemens equipment. Position Summary:
Coordinates and performs a wide variety high quality level exams including but not limited to level 1 Ob/Gyn, neonatal exams, breast imaging, trauma exams, vascular, and general ultrasound. Ability to work independently without direct supervision of a physician. Assists the radiologists and medical staff with ultrasound guided procedures. Participates in the training of new personnel and in performance improvement programs. Communicates effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patients needs. Observes patients and notifies appropriate personnel of significant changes/incidences.
- Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in ultrasound in one (1) modality that is relevant to work assignment.
- Minimum one (1) year of sonography experience is preferred.
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiovascular Technology Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each exam performed and to evaluate, synthesize and communicate diagnostic information to the interpreting radiologist or cardiologist.
- Working knowledge of image processing, reconstruction and PACS/CPACS.
- Experience with ultrasound special procedures including those that require a sterile field.
- Current BLS CPR certification.
- Knowledge and use of proper methods of medical documentation.
- Knowledge and use of standard procedures in the Ultrasound department.
* HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE
* BASIC LIFE SUPPORT
* DIAGN MED SONOGRAPHER
* REG DIAG MED SONO-ABDOMEN
* REG DIAG MED SONO-ABDOMEN
* REG DIAG MED SONO-OB & GYN
* REG DIAG MED SONO-BREAST SPEC
* REG DIAG CARDIC SONO-ADLT ECHO
* REG VASCULAR SPEC-CCI
* REG CARDIAC SONOGRAPHER-CCI