EMERGENCY MGMT TRAUMA OUTREACH COORDINATOR(Job Id 6567)
Job ID: 6567
Date posted: 05/08/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: TRAUMA SERVICE
Shift/Hours: 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: TRAUMA SERVICE Shift/Hours
: 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday
Trauma Injury Prevention & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Emergency Management and Injury Prevention /Outreach activities for Gwinnett Hospital system. Manages the Emergency Management Program in conjunction with hospital stakeholders to ensure the hospital system is in compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory guidelines. Also develops and maintains the trauma injury prevention program as set forth by the guidelines set forth by the guidelines established by the American College of Surgeons Trauma Center Verification Program utilizing trauma registry data. This is a role that serves in a highly visible capacity for Gwinnett Hospital System working with local ,state and national stakeholders and community partners.
- Two years of college - Bachelors degree preferred in a related field
- Three years in Healthcare Emergency Management Operations preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in verified Level I or Level II ACS verified Trauma Center or state designated trauma program preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare emergency management systems - HICS and applicable FEMA, OSHA, Joint Commission, EPA, DOH, HHS, and other agencies and regulations as it relates to emergency management
- Experience in emergency management planning, writing policy, procedures and operational plans.
- Skill in exercise design and execution with the ability to instruct adult learners.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Waste Management along with SDS database management
- Strong analytic skills and organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple assignments at any one time
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication, problem solving and team facilitation skills, required
- Evidence of interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituents
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to develop recommendations and provide consultation to solve problems related patient safety and organizational compliance; ability to exercise judgment in interpreting and applying standards, policies and procedures
- Must be able to perform under stressful situations, achieve work objectives and maintain the hospital's community relations philosophy.