PRACTICE MGR NEUROSURGERY(Job Id 6521)
Job ID: 6521
Date posted: 06/22/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: BRAIN & SPINE GPG LLC
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
: FULL TIME Facility: MOB BUILDING 631 Other information:
Department: BRAIN & SPINE GPG LLC Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Practice Manager is responsible for the overall operations of assigned medical groups or equivalent operating units (Practices). Manages and coordinates administrative and clinical services for assigned Practice or Practices. Supervises all assigned non-provider Practice staff. Support and coordinates the work activities of Practice physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (Providers). Responsible for overall day to day operations of assigned Practices subject to the policies, procedures, budgets of GHS or GMG. Practice manager will regularly review Practice operations to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- A combination of work experience, training, and formal education that meets or exceeds at least one of the following:
i) A Bachelor Degree in management or a related field; or
ii) An Associate Degree in management or a related field with 3 years of health care experience; or
iii) Five years of healthcare practice or related experience; or
iv) An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and concepts.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Must have strong organizational, planning, verbal and written communication, and customer service skills.
- Team player that can effectively work with staff, managers, and providers.
- Capable of independently assessing and solving problems as part of an integrated health care system
- Able to work collaboratively with physicians and advanced practice providers to manage day to day practice operations and clinical scheduling. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in management or a related field.
- Five plus years of medical practice experience.
- Experience working directly with physicians.
- CMPE or equivalent certification as a medical practice manger.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD coding.
- Working knowledge of MIPS or similar programs.
- Previous experience with processing AP and payroll.
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to health care.
- Working knowledge of medical and billing terminology.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle management.