SUPERVISOR HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT(Job Id 6974)
Job ID: 6974
Date posted: 08/07/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: HEALTH INFORM MGT STAFF
Shift/Hours: 7:30AM-4:00PM Monday-Friday
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: HEALTH INFORM MGT STAFF Shift/Hours
: 7:30AM-4:00PM Monday-Friday
Supervises the daily operations of the Health Information Management Department, including but not limited to; personnel management, record integrity, workflow, turnaround expectations, and development, maintenance and compliance with policies and procedures. Has responsibility for the clerical operations for the centralized HIM department for all hospital based departments and hospital facilities. Collaboratively works with members of leadership throughout the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or Associate degree in Health Information Management preferred.
- RHIA or RHIT certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Health Information Management Department in an acute care setting required.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience required.
- Experience with several healthcare technology platforms preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interviewing technique.
- Extensive knowledge of HIM functions, systems and procedures.
- Significant knowledge of analysis, statistics and compilation of data for reporting.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement concepts and methodology.
- Knowledge of the Joint Commission and CMS requirements for Medical Records.