MONITOR TECH, CENTRAL MONITORING UNIT (FT-NIGHTS)(Job Id 7098)
Job ID: 7098
Date posted: 08/13/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: CENTRAL MONITORING UNIT GMCD
Shift/Hours: 7p-7a, weekdays and weekends
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL DULUTH Other information:
Department: CENTRAL MONITORING UNIT GMCD Shift/Hours
: 7p-7a, weekdays and weekends
Responsible for monitoring cardiac rhythms and interacting with the central monitoring system to obtain data for documentation and accurately identifying life threatening arrhythmias and notifying the appropriate medical personnel.
Coordinates clerical nursing activities to promote effective unit organization and communication. This includes maintenance of the patients' medical records, ordering unit supplies as assigned and using the hospital information system (order communication and reporting, plus admission, transfer and discharge functions.)
- High school graduate or equivalent education.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to function in high stress environment required.
- Advanced EKG interpretation skills required.
- Previous hospital monitor technician experience preferred.
- Cross trained for secondary position preferred