CODER LEVEL II(Job Id 7225)
Job ID: 7225
Date posted: 10/04/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: HEALTH INFORM MGT STAFF
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM
: FULL TIME Facility: GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER Other information:
Department: HEALTH INFORM MGT STAFF Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM
Coder is responsible for reviewing the medical record in its entirety, apply coding guidelines and regulations and assign ICD-CM and/or PCS and CPT diagnoses and procedures codes accurately and timely. Consistently meet/exceed turnaround times and quality expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two - Three years coding experience in hospital or hospital related setting required.
- CCS, COC, RHIT or RHIA required.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy in the assignment of ICD-CM, PCS or CPT codes.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes and pharmacology.
- Ability to use computers effectively.
- Working knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle functions; including documentation, coding and billing guidelines preferred.