ACCESS SPECIALIST PATIENT ACCESS HAMILTON MILL(Job Id 7325)
Job ID: 7325
Date posted: 10/09/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: PATIENT ACCESS HAMILTON MILL GHSI
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:30PM Occassional Holiday
: FULL TIME Facility: HAMILTON MILL Other information:
Department: PATIENT ACCESS HAMILTON MILL GHSI Shift/Hours
: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:30PM Occassional Holiday
The Patient Access Specialist (PAS) receives patients, obtains Physician orders and conducts proper person search for safety in order to complete the registration process in various systems. PAS also obtains legal consents, verifies insurance and obtains required insurance precertifications/authorizations, requests payments from patients, and explains the hospital's payment policies.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Some College with an emphasis on Finance or Business Management preferred.
- Must have experience using keyboards with a high degree of accuracy (25 wpm/97% accuracy) required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with PC skills.
- Must have a sense of responsibility, professionalism, empathy, and a commitment to customer service.
- Must be able to interact/communicate in a positive and professional manner with patients, patient families and hospital staff.
- Must be able to determine and request deposit or collection amount.
- Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) and/or Certified Financial Counseling (CFC) preferred.