SR FIN COUNSLR PT FIN ADVOCACY(Job Id 7369)
Job ID: 7369
Date posted: 10/14/2019
This job posting is no longer active
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: PATIENT FINANCIAL ADVOCACY CS
Shift/Hours: 11 a -8pm
: FULL TIME Facility: RESOURCE CENTER Other information:
Department: PATIENT FINANCIAL ADVOCACY CS Shift/Hours
: 11 a -8pm Position Summary:
The financial counselor's role begins with a patient financial interview, which includes a review of the hospital charges, the patient's insurance status and his financial resources. If the patient has insurance, the counselor verifies coverage and calculates co-pays and deductibles. If the patient's insurance and personal resources are insufficient, the counselor identifies additional assistance the patient may be eligible for, such as Medicare, Medicaid, state assistance or charitable resources. In addition, the counselor may determine that the patient is eligible for reduced fees or free services under federal or state medical assistance programs, or she may work with the billing department to arrange a payment plan. Minimum Qualifications:
Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- College degree required.
- Must have at least one year of related experience to financial counseling or medical insurance.
- Must have experience using keyboards with a high degree of accuracy
- Must have a sense of responsibility, professionalism, empathy, and a commitment to customer service
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Experience in hospital financial counseling preferred
- Must be able to work calmly and rationally in stressful situations
- Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) preferred.
* HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE