Registered Dietitian Diabetes Educator(Job Id 7636)
Job ID: 7636
Date posted: 11/15/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: DIABETES AND NUTRITION ED CTR
Shift/Hours: MONDAY - FRIDAY; 8A - 4:30P
: FULL TIME Facility: DULUTH OUTPATIENT CENTER Other information:
Department: DIABETES AND NUTRITION ED CTR Shift/Hours
: MONDAY - FRIDAY; 8A - 4:30P Position Summary:
Provides outpatient Medical Nutrition Therapy (including bariatric and medically supervised weight management counseling) and Diabetes Self-Management Education. Utilizes appropriate knowledge and skill to effectively educate and manage diabetes/nutrition diagnosis in a one on one or class setting. Uses systematic patient care approach that includes assessment, creation of a customized plan of care, outcomes identification and evaluation of intervention. Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team to promote optimal patient outcomes and to support department initiatives. Develops and implements class curriculums, community presentations, and evidence based education materials. Participates in and supports safety and quality improvement efforts. Serves as a resource to providers, patients and staff. Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Dietitian and licensed in the state of Georgia.
- Two (2) years' experience as a Registered Dietitian preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience providing diabetes education preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in adult weight management (bariatric and medically supervised weight management program) preferred.
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Certificate in Adult Weight Management preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator Certification preferred.