ACCESS SPEC ACADEMIC INTERNAL(Job Id 7767)
Job ID: 7767
Date posted: 12/03/2019
Work Type: FULL TIME
Department: ACADEMIC INTERNAL MED GMCL
Shift/Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
: FULL TIME Facility: RESOURCE CENTER Other information:
Department: ACADEMIC INTERNAL MED GMCL Shift/Hours
: 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
To perform clerical duties as assigned by Front Office Supervisor. Responsible for clinic medical records maintenance and flow. Responsible for ensuring all tests, reports and correspondence are accurately filed in the patient's chart. Directly performs the following activities with minimum errors in a complex and / or high volume environment without direct supervision: (i) insurance verification by electronic method or direct communication (ii) prior authorizations and approval for specialist referral; (iii) work with patients to complete financial services and other assistance applications (iv) patient registration including obtaining consents and explanation of the hospital's payment policies; (v) answer incoming calls; (vi) compilation of existing medical record and diagnostic results prior to office visits; and (vii) appointment and procedure scheduling.
- High school diploma (or GED equivalent) required.
- Must have experience using keyboards with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with PC skills.
- Physician practice or medical related experience preferred.
- Able to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, efficient and self-motivated.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.