As a nursing student or a new nurse at GMC, you’ll have everything you need to transition into your role and gain expertise in your field. Learn more about how our nursing programs can benefit you.
Nurse Extern Programs
The Nurse Extern Program offers nursing students the opportunity to gain valuable clinical knowledge and skills through temporary summer employment. The program supports the student nurse's professional development by providing:
- A thorough orientation
- An interactive classroom experience
- A preceptor who works closely with the nurse extern in a supportive environment
- Additional support from the program coordinator
Area nurse externs are placed within the hospital system, which includes:
Gwinnett Medical Center (Lawrenceville)
- Oncology, Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Orthopedic/Surgical Specialties, Emergency Services, Neuroscience and Spine, ICU, Labor & Delivery, Mother/Infant, NICU, High-Risk Pregnancy Unit, Surgical Services and Nursing Imaging
Gwinnett Medical Center (Duluth)
- Medical/Telemetry, Surgical/Ortho, Emergency Services, ICU and Surgical Services – Procedural Nursing/IR and Endoscopy
Glancy Rehab Center (Duluth)
To be eligible for the 2017 Nurse Extern Program, RN nursing student applicants must be graduating by either December 2017 or May 2018 and be a student in good standing in their nursing program. Look for the posting of the 2017 Nurse Extern position in November, 2016.
We hope you’ll come join us at GMC. As part of the GMC team you’ll be taking a giant step forward in building your future professional nursing career.
We wish you all the best in your nursing career!
For more information, email Nicole Denham, Nurse Extern Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Nurse Residency Programs
Our Nurse Residency Program was created to support new nurses in their first 12 to 16 weeks at GMC. We warmly welcome our newest team members and provide them with helpful information, activities and support. In this program, you’ll learn what we’re all about as you expand your knowledge with a combination of training and hands-on clinical experience including:
- Case studies
- Online training programs
- On-site classes
- Collaboration with preceptor